ProDog Hawaii is partnering with Country Canine to offer nose work classes in Kaneohe.
Modeled after professional detection dog work, Nose Work is a fun, mentally stimulating activity that allows dogs to do what they do best – use their noses to find things. It is like hunting, but in the realm of nose work they are hunting for target odors and being rewarded with their favorite treats or a toy.
They will also provide the skills required to participate more advanced classes with Country Canine.
Any dog can do nose work, from puppies to seniors, and low energy to high energy dogs. Shy, vision-impaired and reactive dogs can gain confidence and overcome their environmental sensitivities through nose work. Young, active dogs can burn energy through the activity. No obedience or training experience is necessary!
Price: $140 for a series of 4 classes per dog/handler team.
Class Size: Up to 4 dog teams
DATE: Friday March 15, 2024
TIME: from 9 am to 10 am
Registration: Please email Marie to be added to the list of participants.
1) Class Structure – Please read the following guideline document before your first training session.
2) Liability Waiver – Please print, fill out and scan/email back to me, or bring it to your first training session.
ProDog Hawaii Waiver, Assumption of Risk And Hold Harmless Agreement
3) Pre-Class Questionnaire – Please fill out the following online questionnaire BEFORE your first session, so I may review it in advance.
Intro to Nose work Pre-Class Questionnaire Download
4) What To Bring – Please read this list and bring at minimum high-value treats to the first class. You may purchase a long line and harness later on. A crate is not necessary for the Intro class but if you have one, please bring it. (Crates will be required in most Continuing classes so if you plan to advance to that level, it would be a good idea to get your dog used to a crate sooner than later.)
5) Treats – Please read this document, which will give you ideas on what kind of food and treats work well for nose work…high value!
6) Class Fee – If you’re signing up for an Intro class or private lesson, please mail in your check or pay online via credit card before the class.
To pay by credit card or PayPal, click the button below. PayPal account is not necessary. General excise tax will be added to the fee.
For more information and resources please visit Nose 808